Recently Shown Highlights of the Collection
- Head of a Royal FigureEgypt; New Kingdom, 1475-1450 BC
- The Tiger Eye Turban OrnamentCartier London, 1937
- Wine Cup of the Mughal emperor JahangirMughal, dated AH 1016 / AD 1607-8
- PendantIndia, c. 1575–1625
- Rosewater bottleNorth India, 1675–1725
- Gold Plaque Representing a Hero and Lion in CombatZiwiyeh, Western Iran; 700-600 BC
- The Nawanagar Ruby NecklaceCartier, 1937
- The Mahin Banu DishJingdezhen, China; Ming Dynasty, 1420-30
- Ring with Shah Jahan’s SpinelNorth India, the spinel dated AH 1053 (AD 1643– 44); the ring, c. 1900
- Bust of Emperor HadrianHead: Southern Italy; c.1240; Chalcedony, probably court workshop of Emperor Frederick II; Bust: Venice, second half of the 16th century; Silver gilt, enamel, pearls.
- The Idol’s Eye DiamondIndia. Modified brilliant-cut light blue, VVS2 clarity
2.6 x 2.8 x 1.3 cm, weight 70.21 ct.
- The Aldobrandini Tazza of VespasianGermany or Netherlands; 1587-1599; Silver gilt
- Imperial Spinel NecklaceNorth India, spinels inscribed and dated to between 1607-1608 and 1754-1755.
Spinels, pearls emerald, modern stringing; 51.8cm.
- The Arcot II DiamondIndia, circa 1760; modified 1959 and 2011.
Brilliant-cut, pear-shaped, grade D internally flawless, type IIa. Weight 17.21 ct.
- The Shah Jahan EmeraldNorth India or Deccan, 1621-22. Weight 30.31 ct.
Inscribed in Persian: Shihab al-Din Muhammad Shah Jahan Warrior Emperor 1031
- The Duke of York CandelabrumLondon; 1824-25; Silver gilt
- DishEgypt; 600 to 800 AD; Brass, silver, copper and iron
- CupNorth India, 1660–80